Thursday, July 27, 2017

A Credit To His Profession?


Secret Service special officer accidentally shoots himself while on duty:
A Secret Service special officer on Tuesday afternoon accidentally shot himself and is hospitalized with non-life threatening injuries, according to the agency. A news release from the Secret Service said a special officer assigned to the Washington field office accidentally discharged his weapon while on duty.

I hope the Secret Service "special officer" (what does this mean?) recovers completely.

I see that the article published in the Washington Examiner includes the following note:
Editor's note: An earlier version of this story incorrectly identified the special officer involved in the incident as a "Secret Service agent," which is a different position. We regret the error and have pasted the full statement from the Secret Service below.
Weasel Words; I'll assume that "Special Officer" isn't a member of the Presidential Protection Team.
It's just that, we don't know what is the difference between a "Special Officer" and a "Secret Service Agent".   Don't we need to know?

If I Were A Conspiracy Theorist ...

I would wonder about the Rafael Prieto factor.

And,  I would suspect there's a Back Story which will never be told.    I doubt that this happened "Accidentally".

Inadvertently, perhaps, but it's been a long time since I saw a firearm discharge occur "accidentally".

The proper adverb might be "Negligently".  That makes me more comfortable, assuming "bad gun-handling expertise" rather than some Conspiracy Theory balderdash.

   Best guess ... holstering a pistol without ensuring that his finger was off the trigger.   Which is an "Amateur's "Accident".


Still ... we always have the example of (federal employee) ATF/DEA Agent Lee Paige:


Thanks, Lee; you make your fellow Federal Officer look good by comparison.

(He's still an idiot.)





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think SS agents wear civilian clothes (a suit) and SS officers are uniformed. I may be wrong.