Thursday, November 10, 2016

‘Not my president’

Yeah, I get it.

‘Not my president’: Thousands protest Trump in rallies across the U.S. - The Washington Post:
Nationwide demonstrations against the election of Donald Trump spilled into a second night Thursday with thousands of protesters surrounding his buildings in New York and Chicago ......
 “Not my president,” chanted some of the protesters, while others waved signs with the same message.
I felt much the same way when Obama was elected.

I would certainly be feeling that way had Hillary been elected!   I may not have rioted in the streets; but again, maybe I would have, except I'm a bit old for that.

And it's past my bed time.

I don't blame people for being disappointed about their preferred candidate not getting elected.

Actually, the guy I voted for won and I'm not feeling all that sanguine about it myself.

But after eight years of "The Most Transparent Presidency" provide by Barack "If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor" Obama, I needed a change.

I was ready for a candidate who was not a professional liar politician.   And Hideous Hillary wasn't any kind of a change.  Besides, she's the one who thought that "The Australian Solution" to gun control (total confiscation) was "something worth looking into".

And there was that one word which cost her the election:
 "You can put half of Trump supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables."

In the words of John Wayne: "No man likes to be called high smelling and low down".

So, screw you Hillary Rodham Clinton.

You got what you deserved; which is nothin'!

(Did you notice that my angst about choosing the least-bad candidate is in the process of being resolved?  I'm still not sure about Trump, but I'm damn certain that I would have voted for Soupy Sales before I voted for another darn Clinton,)

No comments: