Wednesday, November 09, 2016

More Post-Election thoughts

I said earlier that I've not had a good history of voting for winners.   Probably, that's because I tend to overthink my votes.

And while I have this sneaky little feeling that someone should congratulate me because someone I voted for actually won an election ... I'm wondering if it's okay to take the clothes-pin off my nose, yet.


As Rudyard Kipling may have said (but probably didn't): "I seen my duty, and I done it!"
Trump may be many things, but he's not subject to subpoena for past indiscretions which compromised American security.  Which his opponent still has to face.

(I'm still loving the "If he gets elected, we're all going to jail!" quote.   I don't believe it was a Hillary quote; the sources are dubious.  But I like it because this is the candidate I voted AGAINST.  Much as everyone else who voted for Trump, I suppose.)

And many readers may share my feelings of wanting to take a lot of showers, because Hillary Clinton was probably the only candidate in America who might make Donald Trump seem to be a preferable viable alternative for the highest office in the land.

BY THE WAY ... much was made in the last week of the campaign that Trump is/was/has been an odious candidate because of his philandering ways.  Considering Ex-president William Jefferson Clinton's history of Roving Eye and Wandering Hands (etc.), it seems that The Other Party tended not to make it as much an issue as it might have been, except for the very latest days in the campaign.

So ... yes, Trump was, and is, an odious candidate.

But we find ourselves in post election bluesville with two final thoughts:
  1. Yes, he is a jerk but he's OUR jerk
  2. He's Not Hillary
One thing is certain: if you don't vote, you can't complain about the people you might have voted for, or the people you might have voted against.   It's too late to vote now, but the next time we might see more people coming to the polls who usually think that their vote doesn't matter.

3 comments:

Mark said...

I too, voted against rather than "for".

Anonymous said...

Look at it this way, The Donald may have been a less than desirable candidate, but at least the awful Hillary is not Madam President Elect.

Jerry The Geek said...

Mark, you are always the "Anti" and you are my idol and my ideal. (Channeling some 1960's Beach Party movies with Annette Funicello .. which you clearly are NOT!!)

And my every-faithful most commenter Anon ... I agree; Conservative Americans dodged the bullet this year. She is even worse than Al Sore-loser!