Friday, April 08, 2016

Cheeze and Rice ... computers are more complicated than the Texas Star !

I tried to respond to a 'tutorial' about "how to shoot the Texas Star" a few minutes ago, and I was looking for a video among the dozens I've saved ... and it took only a moment for me to get so swamped with the latest version of "look up your video files" thingies that I just bailed out.

I KNOW how to shoot the Texas Star.  Start at the top and shoot the top descending plate.  That's all there is to it, and done correctly (which I COULD have demonstrated) it's so easy that a child do it.
(I might even can do it faster than HE can!)

And somewhere in my complex file structure, I have a few (several) videos which show exactly how to most efficiently knock the top-falling plates off to get the star out of my way so I can go on to shoot the rest of the stage.

But my current computer software version won't just show me what I have in each folder.  Oh no, it wants to second guess me.  It wants to help me.

It wants to "Help me" to find my files .. but it doesn't want to let me make my own decisions. It no longer wants to show me exemplars of what I have in each volume, so I can decide which folder I want to access.

(Even while I type, it corrects my spelling because it thinks it knows better than I do, what I want to say!)

Is there anyway I can revert back to .. oh, I don't know .. DOS V5?

Is this what I have been relegated to?  Am I doomed to spending my mornings out on the patio, listening to the disgustingly cheerful birds tweeting Good Morning! to the sun?

Is it no longer sufficient that I spend all night blogging about things which are important to ME?

Do I have to spend the rest of my life, in a world which is defined by ...
Chirp! Chirp!

I HATE "Chipper"!

And my buddy Barney feels the same way!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

At last, you have a software system that is more intelligent and intuitive than you are. The dawn of the age of the machine is upon us. Will we have a need for terminators soon?

Jerry The Geek said...

Where were you last week, when the Terminators arrived?