Monday, April 18, 2016

Boaters

BoatUS: Eight Boat Spring Commissioning Goof-Ups We Made:

The rushing to get it done goof-up: “Every spring, boat sinking claims start to come in. Nearly always you can chalk it up to rushing to get it done. I take my time inspecting engine hoses and hoses clamps, the bilge pump, stern-drive boot, clean out scuppers and double check the through-hulls and sea strainer. I once found a plastic through-hull for a sink drain at the waterline that initially looked fine, but it was only until I took the time for a closer inspection that I found it was cracked nearly in half on the inside.” – Scott in BoatUS Public Affairs

And you thought GUNNERS made stupid mistakes!

At least we don't sink our boats.

Well ....

2 comments:

Mark said...

How about shooting ourselves in the foot?

Jerry The Geek said...

Thanks for the offer, but I will pass.