Sunday, May 03, 2015

'Draw Muhammad' is not (necessarily) a challenge

Two Suspects Killed, Guard Shot 'Draw Muhammad' Contest in Texas - NBC News.com:

 Two suspects were killed and a security guard was shot outside a "Draw Muhammad" contest in Garland, Texas, police told NBC News.
Apparently, some reader mis-punctuated "Draw Muhammad" and thought it meant "Draw, Muhmmad".  So they accepted the challenge, drew and shot down a security guard.

Even though "... The event was heavily policed with up to 40 extra officers assigned at a cost of $10,000 to the organizers"some idiots still made their way through the Wall of Blue Steel and attacked.

(Video interview of event organizer Pamela Geller  highly recommended for her defense of the first amendment rights)

 Geller says that the event was attended by 200+ people.  The videos I have seen show ... well, if there were more than 50 people there, I'll give you my Cadillac!

If this had occured in England, the local Bobbies probably would have issued an ASBO  (Anti-Social Behavior Order) on the shooters and sent them home to ponder the error of their ways.

Frankly, I prefer the American Way:

A Texas traffic cop saved untold lives Sunday night when he took down two heavily armed men bent on storming a building where a 'Draw the Prophet' Muhammad contest was taking place, killing both before they could make their way inside.

HUG A POLICEMAN TODAY!
Folks are talking about aggressive cops, but this is one example of what policemen are suppose to be doing ... and when they do it, they do it well!

Call me paranoid, call me gun-crazy.  I'm still avoiding events and places which have "NO GUNS ALLOWED" signs posted at the entrance.  (Thank Goodness for Kroger;  I'd starve to death if I didn't have a local store which is un-posted.)

And that's all I have to say about that.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The moral of the story is, if you are an ISIS wannabe, Don't Mess With Texas.