Thursday, June 26, 2014

"She No Longer Works There"

http://townhall.com/columnists/johnstossel/2014/06/25/omission-control-n1855230

"Reporter Sharyl Attkisson's story sounds familiar to me: A major network got tired of her reports criticizing government. She no longer works there."

---
"There are people who simply would rather just avoid the headache of going after powers that be because of the pushback that comes with it, which has become very organized and well-financed," she says on my TV show this week. 
I left ABC for similar reasons. When I began consumer reporting, I assumed advertisers would censor me, since sponsors who paid my bosses wouldn't want criticism. But never in 30 years was a story killed because of advertiser pressure. Not once.
I hear that's changed since, and big advertisers, such as car dealers, do persuade news directors to kill stories.


You can find the John Stossel article by following the embedded links, and decide for yourself how much you  believe.  (Or you can read "BIAS", by Bernard Goldberg; I'll loan my copy to personal friends.)

While I'm not entirely certain that I buy the story as written, a funny thing happened on the way to the forum:

EVERY attempt to do the "Blog This" function of Google failed.  I finally had to resort to manually copying the weblink, creating a new post, and building it from scratch.

It worked, eventually, but I was surprised that Google/Blogspot didn't treat this article the same as every other article I've BLOGGED for the past ten years.

I know, It's Just Me, and I did something differently from the way I've blog-referenced the past FOUR THOUSAND ARTICLES ... (most of which actually made it to print, by the way.)

Just saying.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's not safe to expose big government, or crony capitalists. They are not forgiving.

Anonymous said...

She was not a team player, and often refused to report the team version of events.