Sunday, June 22, 2014

"I'll be blamed for this!"

[Video] WHY I CARRY: Suspect Brutally Beats Pregnant Clerk During Robbery:
(June 21, 2014)
The video shows the suspect enter the store, mill around for a few moments and then brutally punch the pregnant clerk in the face before taking money out of the register. Now, a gun would obviously not have helped the woman as she was sucker punched, but she certainly could have drawn it before the suspect got around the counter and been ready.



THIS is how "Non-Firearms" violence looks.  It isn't pretty.

Note to Robber:  We're better off without you.

(H/T: "Guns Save Lives")

Note the detachment of the assailant/robber.  He just wants the money; he doesn't care about anyone or anything else.

Where are you "more safe" than clerking in a Cell Phone Store?

This happened in Florida, but it could happen any where.

The sheer brutality ... I've watched people die, I've done worse.

But not worse than this.

I don't think that the outcome would have changed if this woman was carrying a firearm; she was completely brutalized by a single punch.

I disagree; being armed would not have changed a single moment.  If I was the victim, and I were armed, I would probably acted in exactly the same way .. including her dismay at discovering that the cash drawer had been emptied; her first thought was probably:

"I'll be blamed for this!"

This is probably close to what a "Home Invasion" looks like, if anyone videotaped one.  Complete and immediate domination by the invader(s) and the "resident" completely unprepared for "The Worse Thing That Can Happen".

Except nobody got killed.  That's A Good Thing ... and isn't that a Sad Thing to say?

No comments: