Wednesday, June 04, 2014

Gnats

Comments at the Blog - NaNaNaNa Hey Hey Hey... Goodbye! | Julie Golob:

Hey everyone! Just a quick courtesy post to let you know that I am shutting down comment capability on my blog. Why? I hate to get all, “my site, my rules” but this is, after all, my site so… Here are my reasons:
No, it's not me shutting down comments; its Julie Golob.

It's not that complicated; she's getting spammed to death.

She's not going to take it any more!  (And I can't blame her!)

It's not just the wanna-be's; it's the spammers who are a plague upon all our houses.

With my three (5?  7?  12?   Whatever .... ) regular readers, it's not that difficult to separate wheat from chaff.  But when you're a globally acknowledged STAR in your genre, I'm sure that the issues become geometrically more problematic.

If you're waiting for the Punch Line, forget it.  No quick and pithy comments here, except the observation that when spammers have free access to your online personal comments, they can be like the Gnats in that scene in "African Queen" when the boat cannot be moored near the river shore because of no-see-um

Oh, you need a punch line?

Damned shame!

No comments: