Thursday, June 19, 2014

Are Police Better Shots Than You?

(June 13, 2014)

David Cole at AmmoLand has an interesting observation about the Liberal-vaunted accuracy of police:
This summer, I’ll be accompanying my sister (a teacher, by the way) to her first real gun class since she took her concealed carry course. It’s a one-day class with a top-notch instructor. The course description says students should bring 300-400 rounds of ammunition, and tuition is $150.
In that one day, my sister and I will each expend at least twice the amount of ammo an average cop shoots in a year, doing productive skills training under the supervision of a pro instructor.
 I’ve been a police officer, and I understand the conditions of the job. I give them full marks for the dangerous, difficult job they do. They work hard and the vast majority will do their very best to help you in your time of need, risking their own lives in the process.
 But you are deluded if you think that they are capable of responding to your emergency with any more speed or skill than you. Do not allow gun prohibitionists to convince you that you are better off waiting for a “professional” to bring you a gun, than to have one with you right now. That is an outright lie told by politicians who wish to see you disarmed.

1 comment:

Mark said...

There are a few notable exceptions, however, most police are not very good shots. Four small town police agencies use our local gun club for training. I am glad they are training, however, I can observe them. They are mostly not good shots.