Friday, May 02, 2014

Aliens M41A conversion.

Aliens M41A conversion. Yes it shoots real bullets - The Firearm Blog:

 Lage Manufacturing made this one off Aliens M41A Pulse rifle. It is a M-11 in 9mm shoved into the body of a M41A Pulse Rifle. They used a Remington 870 AOW/SBS for the grenade launcher portion of the Pulse Rifle.

I spend ... not a little time ... reading other gunbloggers.  This entry is a good example of why I find it so informative AND entertaining.

You'll have to go to the link to see the video.   I could give you the YouTube link, but then you might not go see what else is on The Firearm Blog -- and what's the fun in that?

H/T: Gunbloggers.com



However, only to provide context, we WILL provide 10 minutes of "Ripley VS Aliens Mother":




... and we also offer a portion of the 1992 interview with Sigourney Weaver,  (republished in August of 2013) in which she mentions that she is an "anti-gun" person.  It was obviously; difficult for her to play this character, Ripley, who finds herself in a situation where she must portray a person who is required by circumstances to shoot guns and blow up things:

SB: Were you surprised by the script for Aliens?SW: When I finally was sent the script I was very busy, and I think that I skipped over a lot of stage instructions which went on and on about the guns, and I didn’t realize that they were the stars of the film. So when I got there, there was all this amazing hardware coming out every day, and I was a member of Hand Gun Control in America, and I was just amazed that I was in this very war-like picture, and to be honest I was never comfortable with the aspect of it, and Ripley didn’t have to be a ‘gun creature’ for this part.

No comments: