Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Airsoft .. BAD! No kid gets to play with them!

7th-graders suspended for playing with airsoft gun in own yard | Fox News:

Two seventh-grade students in Virginia Beach, Va., were handed long-term suspensions Tuesday that will last until the end of the school year for playing with an airsoft gun in one of their front yards while waiting for the school bus. 
WAVY-TV reports that 13-year-old Khalid Caraballo and Aidan Clark will face an additional hearing in January to determine if they will be expelled for "possession, handling and use of a firearm" because the guns were fired at two others playing in Caraballo's yard. 
A neighbor saw Khalid shooting the airsoft gun in his yard and called 911, telling the dispatcher, "He is pointing the gun, and it looks like there's a target in a tree in his front yard," the station reported.
I remember when I was a kid, somewhat younger than the kids cited in this article, I had a pair of cap guns.

They were awesome!

They had real cartridges, with a 'bullet' that was the length of the 'cartridge'.

The deal was, you pulled the 'bullet' out of the 'cartridge' and put a "cap" (percussion-initiated firing device .. okay, you had to be there to know what a "cap" was and what a "cap gun" was) between the "bullet" and the "cartridge".

Then you loaded all six into the cylinders of your cowboy gun, and you were set to shoot six caps!

This was a bit less firepower than the regular cap guns, where you loaded a roll of caps and could shoot up to 100 times with realistic sound effects.  At the same time, it was more "realistic" because you were loading real ammunition!

Okay, there were no projectiles; just sound effects.  But at the time I still considered it "awsome" although the term was not in common usage.

So, I'm wondering about my neighbors.

They had to see me loading cartridges into my twin six-guns, and shooting them at my friends.

Why didn't my neighbors report me to the police?

Could it be .. they were sane?


I consider myself much more fortunate in my childhood than Khalid Caraballo and Aidan Clark

Their neighbors are a bunch of  Ninnys.

I only say that because I'm feeling kind, and I won't use the foul language which describes my true feelings about them.  And the school board, too.

(Go to the link, see the video.  These are good kids.)
____________________________________

Another example of "Zero Tolerance" policies:

7th grader suspended for small gun keychain | Fox News Video

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our utes must to taught that guns are evil and to be feared. Possession of even a finger pistol or pop tart gun must be quickly and severely punished. Air grenades also. A nation of pacifists will not commit gun violence or defy the government.

Anonymous said...

Those who hate/fear firearms, do not want anyone at all to have anything resembling a firearm.