- favoring or advocating progress, change, improvement,or reform, as opposed to wishing to maintain things are they are, especially in political matters: a progressive mayor.
- making progress toward better conditions; employing or advocating more enlightened or liberal ideas, new or experimental methods, etc.: a progressive community.
- characterized by such progress, or by continuous improvement.
- of or pertaining to any of the Progressive parties in politics.
- going forward or onward; passing successively from one member of a series to the next; proceeding step by step.
Here's what a "PROGRESSIVE" gun club is like:
Albany Rifle and Pistol Club (looking East across the I5 Freeway from Shedd, Oregon) reports in its latest newsletter that it has enrolled over 135 NEW members in the past month.
That's "Progressive" in the sense of improvement
ARPC also reports that, due to unavailability of supplies from their wholesalers, their pro shop must reluctantly restrict sales of ammunition and reloading components to members only. The reason? The same reason as the last time Barack Obama was elected President of the United States of America.
Many people think POTUS is going to pass legislation which will either restrict or deny their access to what some consider to be "essential commodities".(In the meantime, are people hording for the "End Of Days" scenario?)
That's "Progressive" in the sense of Politics.
One form enhances our lives and supports our personal choices.
The other form brings paucity to our lives and limits our personal resources.
Just saying, I know which form I considerable more desirable.