Thursday, December 13, 2012

SCAM!

I recently received the (below) post from a person who identifies herself as "Leela Kidwell"..

My name is Leela Kidwell,i am 69 years old and was diagnosed with cancer 2 years ago.I will be going for an operation later today and i wish to give you access to my will. I WILL/DONATE the sum of (Twenty Four Million Five Hundred Thousand United States Dollars) to you for you to use for the good work of the Lord and for charity as well. Contact my lawyer with this email:  barristergilbertfirm@yahoo.cn<mailto:barristergilbertfirm@yahoo.cn>  his name is Gilbert MacEntee Esq. Tell him that i have willed the sum of $24,500,000 to you by quoting my personal reference number Gil/Lee/678/4567/sfti/uk and i have also notified him that i have Willed that amount to you.

Remain Blessed. Please contact my Lawyer directly with the email above do not contact me.
Leela Kidwell.


______________________________________________________________________
This email has been scanned by the Symantec Email Security.cloud service.
For more information please visit http://www.symanteccloud.com
______________________________________________________________________
As eager as I am to receive twenty four million dollars from a total stranger, I have to admit that I am slightly ... dubious .. about the veracity of the information provided.  In fact, I have the strangest feeling that the sender is not being entirely honest!

Why am I so dubious?

Because I'm not a total idiot!

Oh .. and by the way?  That little disclaimer at the bottom of the email (attached by my Internet Provider) does NOT mean that it's not a scam; it only means that there is no bogus software being delivered.  No, my dears, this is just a 'social scam', which means it preys on trusting benign souls who are inclined to think the best of anyone who cares to contact them.

It doesn't really mean "Hey!  This Is Safe!!!"

If you, or your friends or family, receive this kind of solicitation (I'm sure there's a "hidden agenda" in here somewhere), please heed this counsel:

Laugh, rejoice in her ascendency to A Higher Level, and delete it without comment.

These jokers are just trying to get YOUR money; they have absolutely no intention of giving you THEIR money.

What a bunch of maroons!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

But, don't good things happen during the Christmas season?

Jovens em Deus said...

Recebi uma mensagem parecida:

I am Leela Kidwell,I WILL/DONATE $24,500,000 the sum of to you for you to use for the good work of the Lord, Contact my lawyer with this email: barristergilbert@rogers.com

:/ fiquei tão feliz...

Jerry The Geek said...

Feliz Navidad to you to, Pal. Hope you enjoy your 24 mill.