Sunday, February 12, 2012

Whitney Houston

Investigators seek answers to Houston's death | Music | Comcast

I just learned of the death of Whitney Houston, at age 48. Cause of death has not been determined, and an autopsy has been schedule.

Her music was only 'background' to me until I saw her in the 1992 Kevin Costner movie "The Bodyguard". She was 28 years old at the time, and from the moment she started singing, I was just a little bit in love with her.

A beautiful lady with a magnificent vocal talent. Though the years I heard from time to time of her struggles with substance abuse. I bought the DVD of the movie several years ago, and sometimes when I was blue I would watch the movie. It always made me feel better, if only because it took my mind off my own problems.

Now she is gone, and my heart is sad. But I'll write some more, and later tonite I'll go watch the movie again.

You can see her singing her signature song "I Will Always Love You" (by Dolly Parton) here. I apologize for the poor video quality, but the sound is the song of an angel.

No comments: