Saturday, July 24, 2010

Midnight At the Oasis

Actually, it's 1am. I've managed to load 176 rounds ... and the last ten were like pulling teeth

I doubt that this is enough for the match, but if I run out of ammunition I'll just take pictures and videos of the other shooters anyway. The point of the game is that it's a chance to get out of doors, a little light exercise, get sunburned and be humiliated by your friends.

And ... the good folks at Dillon will be receiving a phone call from me next week. This just cannot go on. For the money, the press is suppose to work a lot better than it does now.

The reasonable suggestion, that I send it in for a rebuild?

Did that two years ago. It worked well for 3 months.

But I'm not going to let any of this spoil my weekend. I've check the pistol, ran a solvent rag thru it (which I did when I last used it) and did a little oiling. The batteries on the C-more are up and I have a spare in the bag. There's some ice in the freezer and water bottles in the refrigerator, ready to go in the cooler at 7:30 am.

A good (short) nights sleep, and then a pleasant hour drive to the beautiful Dundee Hills.

Can't way to see what Evil Bill has in store for us this time!
See you on the range.

No comments: