Wednesday, May 12, 2010

WE have been spammed!

You may note that the 'recent comments' section of the sidebar contains the same message, over and over.

Apparently someone has built a blogger-attach program for base material purposes. It has attached the same commercial message on at least 50 individual articles, and until more 'unspammed' comments are submitted the roster will be unchanged.

I have to say that this is the consequence of ECHO, which replaced Haloscan (even though I had not wished it to, and that's another story), which does not recognize me as administrator. I'm working on that, but even if I regain control over my own comment module, there doesn't seem to exist an option for me to mark the sender or the comments as SPAM ... either as a class or individually.

This is what comes of not maintaining the Blog. At this point, I'm just about angry enough to shut it down permanently.

No comments: