Monday, March 01, 2010

iSniper

I received my copy of ISniper by Stephen Hunter on Friday, and I finished it on Sunday.

Why the delay in finishing the book?

No good reason, I just stopped to eat and sleep from time to time.

But here's some advice: If you want to understand all of the nuances (especially in the penultimate chapter 55), it is imperative that you listen to Marty Robbins' "Gunfighter Ballads". Especially cut#1 "Big Iron" (lyrics also available here).

I'm just saying, if you are a devotee of "Bob the Nailer", you won't be disappointed. But the Marty Robbins lyrics server to enhance the experience.

Oh, and Single Action Society members receive their just homage, as have reloaders, hunters, ex-military, IPSC and bench-rest shooters in previous Hunter books.

It's a good read. Buy it and read it. Encourage Stephen Hunter to write the next (and possibly last) BTN ... next year.

He has already sold the book. Now he must write it!

No comments: