Thursday, January 14, 2010

And another "Good Guy" bites the dust

Xavier ("The Nurse with a Gun") is hanging up his blog.

I'm reminded of the song "The End" (from "Apocalypse NOW") by The Doors. Except when we got to the end of that movie, I was drawn to watch the end sequence even as I moved toward the exit.

Xavier is (was?) entirely Something Else.

Over the years I have stolen shamelessly from his blog, and every time I did he made me look good.

My hope is that he changes his mind. I have not always appreciated every single article he wrote, but I have read the all because he can make even photography and bicycles interesting.

Now I find that I'm watching The End of Xavier, as I'm moving toward the exit.

Perhaps "Xavier Thoughts" is not really dying from ennui. Perhaps if I cross my fingers and hope strongly enough, he will change his mind. And perhaps I will wake up tomorrow and discover that it is all just a cruel joke.

But if not, I can understand why a man who has published significant and meaningful articles for years might willingly hang up his hat and move on.

We saw it with Kim DuTuit a couple of years ago, so I know it happens.

But it's a damn shame for a quality Blogger to be driven from the Public Venue just because he tires of dealing with obstreperous readers.

Maybe if I beg him, he will change his mind?

Worth a try.

And it may be worth your while to stop by and do your own share of begging.

No comments: