Monday, April 13, 2009

Turbo Tax!

It's Tax Time, and I've been a Bad Boy.

There are two more days before the deadline, and even though I expect that I've overpaid my taxes (and am qualified to have some money returned), I haven't submitted my Tax Returns for Federal and State taxes yet.[

That's not a problem, right?

I use Turbo Tax, and have for the past four years. I'm comfortable with it.

The problem is, I failed to record my password for Turbo Tax last year, and so I had to ask the TurboTax.com website to remind me of/reset my password.

So I did ... several hours ago.

Guess what? They're so busy, they haven't managed to get around to me yet.

---

I blame myself. Which is a helluva not, compounding the indignity of giving the Feds a third of my income with the necessity of begging them to give my overpayment back.

There's a lot of stuff I can be doing while I wait, so I won't be too upset if I don't get my password before, say, "tomorrow". Which could be any time during the day. And if you (as a TurboTax Subscriber) don't sign on with your new password in 24 hours, it expires. You have to start the whole process again.

Pause while I kick my own bottom one more time for procrastinating. I may have to write it up in hardcopy and submit it via email. Oh, the indignity for a self-professed "Geek".

The good news is ... well, there is no good news. They're gonna take my money, and keep it, ans spend it on efforts which I don't believe in. What's good about that?

In the meantime, I belive I'll spend some time correlating my videos from last weekend's ARPC match and producing some excellent match videos ... which most of you won't watch.

I am so "Eeyore".

No comments: