Monday, April 13, 2009

ARPC April 2009 Match - One Video

I'm pleased to announce that I went to a USPSA match this weeked, and even though I wasn't at the top of my game the gun (STI EDGE) worked just fine,

After shooting almost entirely the Open Gun for the past four years, I had some problems with Sight Picture and Sight Alignment.


Specifically, I realized (after the match) that my orange-painted front and rear sights encouraged me to unconsciously adopt the sight picture in Limited that I had in Open Division.

That is, if the front sight is on the target, I just ... pulled the trigger and expected the shot to be On Target.

Here's a link to one of the videos. Rocky's Theme ("Gonna Fly Now") is just too kewl to resiste the temptation to use it One More Time!


That didn't usually happen. Add to that, by the end of the match I was getting very tired, and my hands were hurting me due to the decreased skin-resilience on my fingertips. Yes, this IS an excse; I take 'em where I can.

Still, in even the most difficult stges, and at the end of the match, I found a way to "Look Good On Video.

Fortunately, the video doesn't show the three misses ... on static targets.
I have GOT to practice.

No comments: