Sunday, March 29, 2009

Reloading and Dundee Match

As it happens, I slept late last Saturday morning and didn't even wake up until 8:30am. This was a short half hour before the Dundee match started. Given only 30 minutes to dress, load the truck and drive over anhour to the match, I decided not to compete in this match. So I still have no idea how my newly reloaded ammunition will perform.

There is no image so sad as a temporary reloading press set up to see the morning sun, on a day when the ammo will necessarily stay 'in the box'.

I may have saved myself the trip, and the match fee. I don't even know if the ammunition I loaded so laboriously on Friday will work. I'll test-fire it next weekend before I teach the Introduction to USPSA class at ARPC. If it doesn't perform reliably, I'll have a week before I need to have new ammunition for the ARPC Monthly Match a week from then.

No comments: