Friday, August 15, 2008

Geek Family Status Upgrade

The Geek Family is pleased to report the successful completion of its latest expansion project.


Jon Benjamin and Alysha Geek announced this morning the birth of two Junior Geeks.

Robert Logan Geek weighs 6# 5 oz and Aiden "Number Two" Geek weighs 6# 4oz. They
were delivered by c-section in Texas, which at least is big enough to hold ‘em for a while longer.

My son, Ben, is in the Navy there and Alysha moved to Texas last month so they could be together during his training, and at the birth of his newest children.

Word is, Mom is "doing as well as you could expect", whatever that means, but she sounds fine on the phone. Anybody who has been packing around twelve-and-a-half pounds of Boy is probably really, really happy to finally see them. The boys are in incubators for observation for now, but no problems are reported or expected.

Yes, these ARE my sixth and seventh, and although I can’t take any credit for it I’m still as proud as I can be.

No, I will not be handing out cigars.

But I cannot begin to express how wonderful it feels to share such extremely GOOD news.

No comments: