Friday, October 12, 2007

STI Support - Always There, Never Surpassed

A couple of days ago I was whining about small-parts replacement for my STI pistol. Specifically, screws for the mount for a C-More scope constitute a technical problem which I find daunting.

I've received a lot of good advice on the subject, but yesterday (to my surprise) I received an unsolicited response from a representative of STI.

Jerry

I happen to see your blog and noticed that you need a few scope mount screws. Email your mailing address I will get some out to you. They happen to be SCREW 5-40X1/2 FLAT HD SOCKET. You will need to trim to correct length.

Sincerely

Jay

Jay Dunlap

STI International Inc.

114 Halmar Cove

Georgetown, TX 78628

Tele 512.819.0656

Fax 512.819.0465

jay@stiguns.com

www.stiguns.com



I never intended to bother the firearm manufacturer with my petty little problems. After all, they did THEIR job, and if I need replacement parts due to normal wear and tear it's not their problem. As I said before, scope-mount screws are just one of the many consumable parts which are common to every firearm.

They did their job, and I have no complaints about the quality of the firearm or the workmanship involved in creating the gun.

I'm not stupid. If STI wants to spend $4 on postage for a $0.25 part, I'll darn sure let them. But I don't need to build up a reserve, I only want a single screw that I can take to my local Ace Hardware Man to find a replacement.

As far as I'm concerned, Customer Support is one of the primary reasons why we should shop intelligently when purchasing any product. To find this level of support -- where the manufacturer's representative goes out of his way to provide 'warranty' support (even especially when there is obviously no warranty question involved) -- this tells me that STI integrity matches the famous "Dillon No BS Warranty".

No, I won't take advantage of STI's support beyond accepting ONE scope-mount screw, and I hope to find some way to repay them even though no payment plan was expressed or implied.

But you can be darned certain that STI has my business in the future.

What other gun company would offer this level of support?

No comments: