Wednesday, October 31, 2007

National Ammo Day

Kim du Tuit has just declared that the 2007 National Ammo Day will be November 19; National Ammo Week will be November 17 - 25.

The goal:
At least 100 rounds of centerfire ammo, or at least 500 rounds of rimfire.

Let me see ....
According to the calendar, the 17th is the 3rd Saturday of November. That means the 19th falls on Monday. Nope, no matches that day, so I won't be likely to shoot 100 rounds. Well, I get off work at 6pm and Sunset is calculated to be at 5:05pm.

Okay, this is too analytical. The point is, I work all day and can't get to the range in time to shoot 100 rounds before it's too dark to shoot.

But the day before National Ammo Day is Sunday, and that's the Tri-County Gun Club IPSC match (third Sunday of the month.) Yeah, I think I'll be shooting 100 rounds on THAT day. Probably more like 150 - 200 rounds, depending on the stages.

The day before? I'll be loading ammunition. And I'll cleave to the spirit of National Ammo Day by loading 500 rounds on Monday the 19th. After all, I'll need it for SWMBO and I to compete at the Dundee match the next Saturday ... the last day of National Ammo Week.



x

No comments: