Tuesday, September 18, 2007

TCGC 9/07 Stage 2: Madness


Classifiers are boring ... but they become interesting as soon as you screw up.

That is a certifiable Geek Quote, and you can write it down.

I managed to screw up CM03-08 here, and I worked hard to convince the people in my squad that I was sand-bagging. It wasn't such a hard sell. I caught one no-shoot target, and they were convinced that I MUST have done so on purpose.

Then they shot the stage, and I wasn't the only screw-up.

I've shot this stage, or a variation, several times. I got it right one time, and was very proud of myself. That's gone, now.

Sometimes Practical Pistol shooting is like Figure Skaters doing Figure-Eights. It's a technical test, not fun to watch, but still a definitive test of certain skills. Boring, but necessary.

This stage is essentially a test of accuracy, but it also challenges draw/first shot time, and reloads. It's a good time to push the envelope, spray and pray that you hit the brown cardboard instead of the White.

That never worked for me, either. You either have the skill on demand, or you don't. This is where "Bragging Rights" become meaningful. It's a survival stage ... you won't win the match on this kind of stage, but you can certainly lose it.

This video is also available at Jerry the Geek's Video Shooting Gallery, more specifically at 7t92.wmv.

No comments: