Wednesday, July 04, 2007

It's Berkley!

[sigh!]

I've done it again.

I mis-spelled the name of my Internet Host.

Brian BERKLEY has gone the extra mile during the past three years to not only host Jerry the Geek's Video Shooting Gallery, but also a lot of "other files" which I have from time to time considered necessary to support this blog.

He supported my efforts to convince the Albany Rifle and Pistol Club to use their space for my files. So far, I have well over 2GB on the server. Since I've evolved into the sorta unofficial photographer for the Columbia Cascade Section, they feel that I can share the space they've already paid for.

And when his hosting service was becoming too busy for him to handle alone, Brian not only found a faster server in Texas and transferred many of my files there, but he worked with them to set up the software necessary to support the Gallery.

What have I done for him?

I spelled his name wrong.

Every stinking time, I throw an extra "E" in there. It was bad enough that I spelled it wrong last year when I wrote an article about Mike McCarter and the Annual Single Stack Tournament which he hosts under the auspices of the Albany Rifle and Pistol Club. I apologised for that, and promised it would never happen again.

But I did it again this week, when I was blogging about the 2007 Area 1 Multigun Match.

How lower than a serpeant's ass I feel.

This time, I vow ... never again!


I've written his name on a file folder label, and pasted it to my monitor.

Maybe I'll even remember to 'look it up' the next time I write about him.

We'll see. I'll be featuring Brian in some of the Multigun videos I'll post in the next week. Let's just see if I can get it right.

And if I don't?

Brian will just point it out to me, without comment. But I'll know I've disappointed him.

Again.

[sigh!'

No comments: