Monday, March 26, 2007

Big Clunky ... what?

For years, literally, I have tried to talk Paul the Soccer Coach into replying to The Unofficial IPSC List instead of to my personal email when he had comments about something I had posted there.

Last night I wrote about Rule 2.2.1
, an incident which happened on Paul's Watch at a Dunde match. I was obviously pushing the envelope in an attempt to make a point, and Paul was perfectly comfortable letting me dig my own grave.

Here is his comment in reference to the "$100 Arbitration Fee" (posted to The List), which not only explains his response but illustrates just WHY I wanted his comments to be publically posted:
As the MD for this match under discussion I had it all under control and figured out. Someone else mentioned the $100. I just followed another shooters direction, 'what's all the whining about' and firmly held my ground and asked the shooter to show me the rule. My plan was to keep Jerry on the fidgety edge for a bit, no arbitration fee it was just if he was wrong I was going to toss him from the match and make it so he could come back until he was wearing smaller boots! You see the size of the boots were the problem! Any way I think we messed around long enough to get into Jerry's head enough to mess up his reshoot.
We survived the situation and the day and all the other shooters had a great time and we didn't get rained on. But it's always the shooters problem especially when they wear BIG CLUNKY BOOTS!!!
Paul, you still crack me up.


I didn't realize you were considering my Big Clunky Boots. I thought the problem was my Big Clunky Mouth.



Thanks for the clarification. I shall take the issue under advisement.

No comments: