Tuesday, September 19, 2006

2006 Croc Match: The A-team

I didn't get as many really HOT videos of the 2006 Croc Match as I had wanted, so I've been pretty low-key about presenting pictures and videos of the excellent, hi-round-count match as I should.

That is, until I received a link to this YouTube Video from Norm the Ungrateful.

Production values and resolution on this 5:07 minute video are extremely good. I only received the link from Norm an hour ago, and in the meantime I've written this paen to his excellence both as a competitor and as a video editor, plus I've watched the video at least a dozen times.

I'll watch it a dozen times again, and in absolute awe.

I've not seen many videos which so perfectly demonstrate the fast-shooting, target rich environment nature of of this exceptional match as this.

When I get the code for this hot-music, hot-shooting video from Norm, I'll include it here so you can click-and-watch the action.

Until then, you'lll just have to content yourself with double-clicking what I consider to be one of the premier videos in IPSC competition to date.

Participants include Norm, Zac, Chuck, Yong Lee and Glenn.

"427 rounds in 2 days". You only have to see the followers-on about1:40 into the film to realize how awesome these performances really are. The video is a great demonstration of how FAST you have to shoot to win at this level of competition. The music is perfectly choreographed to support the action. Don't be fooled by the slow start; it sets up the viewer to truly appreciate the movement/very quick target engagement. To be able to shoot this fast, and still get hits ... that is the epitome of IPSC competition.

Fasssst action, perfect reload after perfect reload, and an implict understanding on the part of the competitors that speed wins. These are the components of a excellent IPSC video, and Norm has it all.

If you never watch another IPSC video this year, you have GOT to see this one.

If you have never shot the Banzaii Ballistic ("You Got Bullets?") Croc Match before, you have to be saying to yourself:

"Next Year in Dundee!"

No comments: